Round-2 Qualifying recap from Announcer Andy Taylor, Voice of the Qatar Total Open
Announcer Déjà Vu | “Misaki Doi vs. Tereza Martincova”
Tennis is funny.
Before her championship match in Dubai versus Elena Rybakina, Doha’s #2-seed Simona Halep withdrew from the Qatar Total Open – opening up a Lucky Loser position in the draw.
Japan’s Misaki Doi gladly accepted the slot, shortly after her loss to Tereza Martincova in the Final Round of Qualifying. Moments later, WTA Supervisors Tony Cho and Martina Lutkova completed the draw by positioning today’s Qualifying winners.
Guess who Misaki Doi will face in the 1st-Round? — Tereza Martincova.
In this sport, it’s not often one gets a “do-over.”
Misaki Doi’s chance for redemption, this time in the main draw, happens Monday. Schedule to be determined.
Announcer Corner | Who the Qualifiers will play
- SUN: [Q] Katerina Siniakova -58- (CZE) vs [WC] Ons Jabeur -45- (TUN)
- SUN: [Q] Daria Kasatkina -71- (RUS) vs  Garbiñe Muguruza -16- (ESP)
- SUN: [Q] Jil Teichmann -68- (SUI) vs Jelena Ostapenko -42- (LAT)
- SUN: [Q] Bernarda Pera -64- (USA) vs Caroline Garcia -47- (FRA)
- SUN: [Q] Priscilla Hon -132- (AUS) vs Ajla Tomljanovic -55- (AUS)
- SUN: [Q] Laura Siegemund -73- (GER) vs Yaroslava Shvedova -PR- (KAZ)
- MON: [Q] Kirsten Flipkens -83- (BEL) vs Dayana Yastremska -26- (UKR)
- MON: [Q] Tereza Martincova -157- (CZE) vs [LL] Misaki Doi -88- (JPN)