Tough loss for the Springfield Lasers last night in Albany. Andy Roddick and Jean-Julien Rojer won the first Men’s Doubles set (5-4), then Rojer and Alisa Kleybanova dropped a close one in Mixed (4-5). In Men’s Singles, it came down to the deciding point at 4-all in the set and 4-all in the tie-break. 23-strokes later, Witten sent a forehand winner down the line to take the set (5-4) over Andy Roddick. Always consistent, Vania King then bounced Anna-Lena Groenefeld (5-3) to put the Lasers up 18-17 going into the final set, Women’s Doubles; where Wimbledon semifinalists Groenefeld and Peschke downed King and Kleybanova (5-3) to win the match for the Sportimes.
- MD (W) 5-4 Roddick/Rojer vs. Kendrick/Witten
- MXD (L) 4-5 Rojer/Kleybanova vs. Witten/Peschke
- MS (L) 4-5 Roddick vs. Witten
- WS (W) 5-3 King vs. Groenefeld
- WD (L) 3-5 King/Kleybanova vs. Groenefeld/Peschke