Hello Lucie Safarova. What a crappy way to start 2015: Two crummy, three-set losses in Sydney and the Australian Open; yet what an amazing way to spend the last month:
- First Grand Slam doubles title at the Australian Open
- Quarterfinalist at Antwerp
- Quarterfinalist at Dubai
- Win your 6th career singles title in Doha
- Win your first career Premier level event
- Reach a career-high ranking of #11 in the world
Sure Victoria Azarenka was in agony after an intense battle with Venus Williams 24-hours prior, but Lucie has proven that – healthy – she has what it takes to be a consistent top-10 SINGLES player.
In the Doubles Championship match, Americans Abigail Spears and Racquel Kops-Jones earned their 11th WTA Doubles Title together, taking down Doha favorite Sania Mirza and half of last year’s championship team Su-Wei Hsieh.
Qatar Total Open 2015 Singles Champion
Lucie Safarova (CZE) def. [WC] Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
Qatar Total Open 2015 Doubles Champions
 Racquel Kops-Jones (USA) / Abigail Spears (USA) def.  Hsieh Su-wei (TPE) / Sania Mirza (IND)