The Opening Ceremonies for the Doha 2011 Arab Games here in Qatar aren’t until Friday evening; however the Team Competition has already begun with Tennis at Khalifa Stadium.
Today, on center court – we watched the guys from Kuwait crush Qatar; then witnessed a blood bath where Egypt walked all over the team from Iraq. Out of two singles and one doubles match, Iraq only won a single game.
Those teams on the Men’s side who won points today in round robin play include:
- Egypt…defeated Jordan (3-0)
- Morocco…defeated Lebanon (2-1)
- Kuwait…deafeated Qatar (3-0)
- Iraq…defeated Libya (2-1)
- United Arab Emirates…defeated Sudan (3-0)
Back at Khalifa Stadium for more Team Tennis tomorrow morning starting at 10:00am.